Monday, June 7, 2010

They said there'd be no math!

The temperature in Bangladesh is recorded in Celsius. So to convert it to Farenheit you must know the mathematical formula. I actually had to look this up, because if you thought I'd remember something like this from my high school math courses, you'd be wrong.Take the temperature and mulitply it by 1.8 and then add 32 to that number.
  They also use the metric system, and I've learned that the hotel is 1 kilometer from the Grameen Bank headquarters where we will be spending some of our time. One kilometer translates to .62 miles, and back in early May, I walked 5 kilometers in 51 minutes. So, today's story problem (and I hated story problems!) How long will it take me to walk from the hotel to the GB headquarters?
  Then there is the currency conversion.....Just a reminder, there will always be math!

No comments:

Post a Comment